What is my role as a support worker?
- To treat all individuals that you are supporting with dignity and respect at all times.
- To provide the right amount of support. Not over-support or simply drop-off.
- To be an appropriate role model to both the job seeker and the employer.
- To give control of the job to the job seeker.
- To support both the job seeker and the employer to ensure a successful outcome.
- To represent your agency in a professional manner to the job seeker, employer, and the community at large.
- To encourage independence in the job seeker: we all have the right for dignity of risk.