Why is it important to follow the best practices?
By following best practices, you will:
- uphold the convention on the rights of persons with disabilities,
- lend credibility to the profession,
- provide the best support to job seeker/employers, and
- respond to a labour demand
1. The European Union of supported employment’s framework of guidance for best practice.
A Quality Standards Framework for Supported Employment Providers.
2. Supported employment is firmly established as an effective approach for finding and maintaining real inclusive jobs for people with disabilities. This is Scotland’s development of the best practices.
The development of supported employment in Scotland.
Canadian Association for Community Living produced a report in 2011 that examines the effective practices and challenges in moving forward to an employment first policy.
Achieving social and economic inclusion:From segregation to ‘employment first’.
In 2012 Iris (Institute for research and development on inclusion and society) reviewed
Canadian best practices supporting the participation of persons with disabilities in the labour market.
Towards an understanding of effective practices in employment programs for people with
disabilities in Canada.