Job seekers, employers, and direct service providers determine the individualized strategies for providing support that will assist in career enhancement and ultimately facilitate long-term satisfaction for the job seeker and the employer.
You, your family, your community, your employer and your job coach are all part of the same team. Everyone works together to support your career development and to make sure your job is working for you. You and your team work together to:
- talk about your dreams for employment.
- make a plan so you have what you need to be successful.
- decide what supports you may need, and how long you may need them to make sure your job is a priority for everyone.
- ensure your voice is heard in every conversation.
- make sure you feel safe to talk about any fears or challenges you may be facing without being at risk of losing your job.
- address your concerns and work together towards solutions that work for everyone.
- take responsibility for your part on the team.